Annually in New York City, interior designers gather to create shoppable vignettes curated from furniture, art, and soft goods donated by their favorite vendors. Hosted by NYC based charity, Housing Works, all proceeds raised at this shopping event are directly donated to their mission of ending homelessness and AIDS.
As the director of interior design and visual content for Common Living, I was thrilled to lead the efforts to participate in this incredible event. I wanted to create something layered, eclectic, and a little wild — with overgrown plants and pillows for days.
Photos by Seth Caplan
My scope of work included:
- conceptualization and creative direction of vignette
- project management
- collection of furniture and art donations worth over $15k in value
- on-site installation oversight
- lead styling including sourcing and arrangement of objects, accessories, soft goods, plants, and florals
- final photoshoot direction